At the Commerce Shopping Centre in Skövde, short payoff times have strongly helped reduce the energy consumption of an older building to levels which are today far below those of modern construction requirements.
- Pressure and demand controlled supply and extract air fans
- Frequency control of all units
- Airflows are divided into zones using dampers and VAV dampers that are controlled based on current loads and air quality
- Optimised control of cooling units, chiller with combined heat exchanger
- Surplus heat from stores is recycled and routed back into the heating system
- Heat consumption of 29 kWh/m2 per year (other shopping centres have an average heat consumption of 70 kwh/m2 per year)